130-year-old historic building
2nd floor office renovation
FORMUS purchased a historic building facing Court Square in downtown Memphis. The Tennessean was the first home of the Tennessee Club, founded in 1875.
Its arched facade was removed several decades ago, destroying its street level character. In an effort to restore the original character, Formus has proposed this facade change.
The firm renovated raw space on the second floor to house a modern architectural practice. The 2,800 s.f. offices accommodate individual workstations, a conference room, library, kitchen and storage areas. Traditional woodwork was designed to reflect the history of the building.